Sunday 23 January 2011

This is where we plan.

The really difficult thing about planning this particular wedding (not that I've ever planned one before) is being so far away from each other. My intention is to make this a platform upon which we can pop all of our good ideas, and thus get ourselves a good idea about what it is the other person wants from this insanely complicated day!
From the really big things, like a venue, to the minute details such as what our invitations will look like... hopefully this way we'll be able to spend time discussing it while were apart, rather than have our short time together overtaken by wedding plans.
I'll get the ball rolling, then, shall I? It would be prudent to have a list of all the different things we need to consider. I've scoured the internet for such a thing, and have come up with the following:


  • Decide on a date
  • Decide what kind of wedding we want: big, small, outside, inside?
  • Who do we want to invite? Naturally this will have to be kept private, lest snooping family members stumble upon it and get their red pens out!
  • Do we want it in the morning, or the afternoon? Maybe even the evening! Let's go nuts.
  • Thinking realistically, how much can we afford? Just so I don't go overboard looking at ice sculptures and trained swans...
  • Book the venue and all the other bells and whistles that go with it, like someone to marry us and somewhere to have a reception.
  • Wedding invites!
  • Sort out my wedding dress and a suit for the bearded one!
  • Colour scheme? Egads! I suppose if I must...
  • Flowers and little pretty things for the tables.
  • Marriage License! How does one obtain one of those? An investigation.
  • Caterer
  • Photographer(s)
  • Apparently I can have a "wedding party" who will do stuff for me? Sweet.
  • At this juncture many people recommend buying other people clothes... You can all wear whatever the hell you like! Sorted.
  • Music for the wedding and for the reception.
  • Accommodation for anyone not local
  • Honeymoon plans, anyone?
  • I hear the "wedding party" would like gifts too. I suppose that's only fair considering all the things I'll have them doing.
  • Wedding cake
  • Decorations for the reception
  • Wedding day transportation
  • Wedding day hair and make-up and things.
Oh my god, this is ridiculous. There is so much more to do. I actually can't face writing it all in there; I'll just deal with it when the time comes! But this is a fairly solid start...

I know I'm going about it in all the wrong order, considering the above list, but I would really like sunflowers.


So there we go.

No comments:

Post a Comment